Then I thought, what about bacon? We eat bacon all the time and am constantly tossing the leftover bacon grease. Why I haven’t I heard of bacon gravy? Well apparently it’s a thing. But I had no idea. So I just decided to simply create a Paleo version.
It took all of 7 minutes to create this perfection. It’s 100% paleo & whole 30 friendly. Grain free, gluten free, deliciousness. Because…bacon. Who doesn’t love bacon?
- 2 Tbsp Bacon Fat
- 2 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/8 Black Pepper
- Add the bacon fat to the pan and let melt
- Combine the Arrowroot Powder, and whisk together. Allow mixture to bubble briefly
- Slowly pour in the chicken stock, while continuing to whisk. (If you do not pour slowly, the mixture will get lumpy)
- Turn up heat and bring to a boil. Allow mixture to thicken for about 5 minutes.
- Continuing to whisk occassionally to ensure mixture is combined and fully blended.
- Once thickend, remove from heat and add in both sea salt and black pepper
- To obtain the bacon fat, simply pour remnants from previously cooked Paleo Bacon into a glass cup or jar. Store in refrigerator until needed.