In our house, we used to be able to put a hurting on at least one bottle a month. Especially when it came to our children. Even if the food tasted really good… it needed ketchup.
Though my husband and I learned to manage without it, our children were still reliant on it. I decided it was time to create a replacement that even my own ketchup loving children wouldn’t notice a difference. I couldn’t be more pleased with the results!
Not only did I manage to fool my son into thinking this was his beloved ketchup, but I actually think we all preferred the taste! This is 100% paleo friendly, with no refined sugar or any crazy additives. Just pure homemade goodness!
- 6 oz can of Tomato Paste
- 1/2 Cup Distilled White Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Honey (preferably clover)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Crystals
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Clove of Garlic (roughly chopped)
- 6 Whole Cloves
- 6 Whole Alspice
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Combine all ingredients
- Blend well and bring to a boil. Whisking constantly. Roughly 3 mintues.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and remove garlic, cloves and alspice.
- Allow mixture to cool before storing in an airtight jar and keep refrigerated.
- **May also sub ground cloves, garlic & Alspice. Just a pinch of each and 1/4 tsp garlic powder**