Two things I have since learned is, one, Sugar is not my friend, even though I so enjoy its company. And two, dairy basically makes me sick.
With that, I decided to try my hand at making my own version. And let me tell you, these did not disappoint!
These are Paleo friendly, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, soy free and peanut free. And they are still amazing!
They may not taste exactly like the original, but they are damn close! I had to make myself walk away before things got serious around here.
Here’s what you need
- Place 1/4 cup Sun Butter or Almond butter, 1 tsp coconut oil & 2 cups of Chocolate chips into a double boiler.
- Blend and melt the mixture.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, add the remaining Sun Butter or Almond Butter, 2 tsp Coconut oil, Honey & Sea salt. Blend well with hand mixer.
- Once chocolate is fully melted, scoop out 1 tsp of mixture into candy mold. Filling the bottom of each "cup" up. Enough to fill the bottom. Should use about 1/2 of the tsp to fill.
- Use 1/2 tsp to scoop out the almond butter mixture and place on top of each chocolate cup.
- Cover with another teaspoon of chocolate.
- Take the teaspoon and use the bottom to gently press down on each cup. This ensures the entire area is completely covered and smooth
- Place mold on cookie sheet, and refrigerate until set.
- Fully sets in about an hour
Did you enjoy this amazing recipe on how to make Paleo Peanut Butter Cups? Let me know in the comments. I love your feedback!