I have always enjoyed buffalo chicken dip. I mean, seriously, who doesn’t? And decided to give a non dairy version a try.
Ummm, the results were exceptional! I was constantly being asked for my recipe by people who loved the original!!
Problem was, I didn’t really have one. I literally just made it up on the spot. So I decided it was time to start paying attention to what I was putting in, and how to measure it out.
Instead of cheese, I used Daiya. I don’t know if you have discovered this little gem yet, but it is amazing.
It melts and tastes so close to the real thing! They make a ton of different flavors, too. Give them a try, you won’t be disappointed!
So here is what you will need.
- Start with the chicken. Add a little water (about a cup) Set on low for 6-8 hrs. (can also be done overnight).
- Once completed, drain water and shred chicken. Then add remaining ingredients back to the crock-pot.
- Blend together, and keep pot on low for about 30 mins.
- Checking back and stirring occasionally, to ensure cheese is melting and ingredients are blending.
- If it still doesn't look well blended, add a bit more ranch. This step is crucial in getting a smooth texture.
- **I like to serve mine with celery sticks**